- Infrared heaters for sale - enjoy cosy warmth in your garden
- How does an electric patio heater work?
- Wall outdoor heaters and lamp heaters
- Some suggestions to find the best outdoor infrared heater
- Which design to choose for your outdoor infrared heater?
- Radiant heater: safety features not to be missed
- Infrared radiant heater: the best option to heat your home and garden
Infrared heaters for sale - enjoy cosy warmth in your garden
The temperatures in spring or fall make spending time outdoors uninviting. But you can still comfortably use your garden or patio with an electric infrared heater. Our efficient radiant heaters create a cosy atmosphere and comfortable warmth on your patio, enriching your outdoor experience well into the night. Additionally, in our product gallery, you can find infrared heaters well suited for babies to provide the littlest ones in your household with some extra, snuggly warmth.
If you are looking for a reliable garden heater, on blumfeldt you are in the right place. We provide you with some helpful information on infrared heaters. These will give you a good idea of which models may be perfect for your needs.
We've also included important information about buying. So you can learn how our infrared radiators work, compare the different alternatives and find the best patio heater for your needs, including
How does an electric patio heater work?
An infrared outdoor heater works by using infrared rays, the same the sun emits to heat our planet. These rays have a frequency of between 9 and 14 microns and allow heat to spread evenly and safely. A quartz heater uses a heating element enclosed in a quartz tube to produce heat at the necessary wavelength. Thus creating the required intensity.
The advantage of quartz tubes is that they successfully protect the heating element. At the same time, they prevent convection heat from escaping.
Unlike most other heating systems available on the market, an infrared patio heater is surprisingly inexpensive to operate. In contrast, convection heaters and different models require higher amounts of energy to create much heat, as they rely on convection currents. Because of the wasteful way in which other types of heating use energy, you can save around 50% of energy by using an infrared heater.
When used inside, another advantage is that heat cannot escape through open vents or doors. Because the heating method does not rely on hot air circulation, there is no hot air escaping from the room, so this provides economic benefits to the user.
Not only is an infrared garden heater less expensive than other systems, but you can also benefit from more comfortable warmth. Instead of making the air seem dry and stuffy, infrared heaters release heat into the air using infrared rays, which gently warm and block the heat. They are much like the sun, so you will feel warm but not uncomfortable as you would on a summer day.
Wall outdoor heaters and lamp heaters
In addition to portable infrared heaters that sit on a pedestal, blumfeldt also offers wall-mounted infrared heaters and lamp heaters. This way, you can choose the best solution to get the heating power you need without sacrificing valuable space and avoiding unnecessary clutter.
Wall patio heaters
A wall-mounted infrared heater is perfect for a small balcony or terrace and if your outdoor living room is located under a pavilion. In the latter case, thanks to its elongated shape, you can easily secure it to the supporting structure of the gazebo choosing in the ideal position to guarantee optimal radiation in the space.
When purchasing blumfledt infrared wall heaters, mounting equipment is always included, and you can get it going in a matter of minutes and enjoy instant warmth.
When there is not enough space to accommodate a mushroom heater or a portable infrared heater, lamp heaters come to our rescue. They are perfect for the outdoors and for enjoying outdoor spaces even during the coldest months. Some models are equipped with power settings and remote control for convenient operation.
In addition, some infrared ceiling heaters come with special apps to be installed on your computer or phone to adjust the functions of the lamps even remotely, allowing you to heat a room while you are not at home so that it is comfortable when you arrive.
As a rule, heating lamps take up much less space than normal mushrooms heaters and can be installed on the ceiling or in areas close to the space you plan to use. We recommend avoiding installing them too close to areas where people will be using them, as the temperature felt around these lamps is usually very high.
Lamp heaters require little installation on ceilings or walls and can be coordinated with thermostats that regulate their temperature, operation and heat distribution mode.
Some suggestions to find the best outdoor infrared heater
Choose the most efficient option: infrared heaters help you to save money on heating bills, so make sure you are getting a model that will be as cheap as possible to operate. Heating one room at a time will be more economical than heating the entire house, and if you are going to heat one place without moving the heater in your home, then only consider the size of that room.
If you have one or more small rooms and then one or more large rooms in your house, you should consider purchasing a dual-mode heate. That allows you to choose a higher setting for larger rooms and the lower setting for smaller rooms.
If you buy a heater that is too powerful, you will end up wasting energy, while if your heater is not enough to heat the space you have, you may end up with a heater that does not make much difference to the temperature of the room. You can heat a room for as long as you want with an insufficient heater, but the room will never get warm enough.
The portability of your radiant heater matters
Will you move the infrared heater around your house, or just leave it in the same position all the time? The amount of portability you need will greatly influence the type of heater you choose:
- maximum portability: if you need a heater that you can easily carry from one room to another, you should look for one that has handles and wheels. You can easily and comfortably move these units around the house and outside, and they are usually designed to be lightweight. However, you should be careful if the unit has wheels. Because these heaters may be a little easier to tip over than stationary units.
- limited portability: if you simply want to move the heater around the room, then go for a larger unit. These are better if you need to heat an unusually ample space and are usually difficult to tip over.
- fixed units: if you plan o install a heater in your balcony, garage or business and want to make sure it is completely safe and permanent, you can buy fixed infrared heaters. These can be attached to the wall so they can remain in the same position. A fixed heater is the best choice if you want to avoid it accidentally tips over.
Which design to choose for your outdoor infrared heater?
When looking for an infrared porch heater, consider how it will fit the existing decor of your home, choosing the right finish and material. For cosy little rooms, look for models with taller designs, as these will take up less floor space. Of course, these will be easier to tip over than shorter, wider units, so this is another aspect you need to consider.
If you want to see what configuration the heater has, you can get an infrared heater with a digital display. You will see what temperature is set to and the time remaining if the heater has a built-in timer.
Radiant heater: safety features not to be missed
When buying an infrared heater, make sure it is as safe as possible to use in your home. Here are some basic safety features for indoor and outdoor heating systems based on infrared rays:
- Roll-Off: If the heater is dropped and has a built-in roll-off, it will turn itself off, ensuring it does not pose a fire threat if it accidentally tips over: this feature is useful where older people, children or pets are around.
- Timers: some infrared heaters come with a timer function. Not only can this save you money by not accidentally leaving it on: a cut off timer can also ensure that the heater does not overheat, eliminating the risk it can cause a fire.
- Warranty: The purchase of an infrared heater, or even any electrical appliance, carries several risks; such as failures in the manufacturing process or electrical failures that can occur in the months following the purchase of the item. To protect your investment, you should look for manufacturers or resellers who offer a warranty. The more extended the warranty, the longer you can enjoy complete peace of mind. Make sure to check the terms of the warranty before making your purchase to see what is covered.
Infrared radiant heater: the best option to heat your home and garden
There are many differences between infrared heaters and other heating devices. They all have their pros and cons compared to each individual’s need. It’s possible to make some comparisons between infrared heaters and other types of heaters.
- Instant heat: when using an infrared heater, you can enjoy immediate heat, unlike a standard convection heater. Convection heaters need to heat the air and then rely on the warm air rising to create a flow of warm air. This process usually takes quite a while before you start to feel the benefits. Infrared heaters, on the other hand, use infrared rays to send heat around the room. Instead of heating the air; the rays heat the objects, keeping you warmer and making you feel warm more quickly. If you are sitting in one spot in your room or balcony, you should point the infrared heater at you so that it warms you directly.
- silence: infrared heaters do not require a fan to distribute the heat throughout the room. Unlike other heaters that can be very noisy, infrared heaters are usually very quiet when operating. If you want to add more heat to a place that requires minimal noise, you can use an infrared heater.
- it’s comfortable and healthy: when an infrared heater is heated, the hot coils disperse the heat evenly over the source of the infrared rays. The infrared waves are reflected back into the room by reflective metal plates, and this allows the heat to spread over a distance, resulting in a comfortable and gentle heat. Also, infrared heaters do not reduce the amount of moisture in the atmosphere, while other heaters can leave the skin and even the sinuses dry and irritated, as you will end up breathing the stale, dry air. Infrared is even known to improve blood circulation.
- cost effectiveness: as infrared heaters work by heating the surrounding objects, they do not waste energy by heating up unused space. Infrared heaters also provide instant heat instead of waiting for a conventional heater. With them it takes a long time to heat the air enough to start circulating in the room. As a result, you will end up with lower electricity bills.
- it’s environmentally safe: some heating methods rely on burning fuel, and this can produce harmful gases in the atmosphere. Infrared heaters use less energy than general electric heaters because they provide instant heat. Less energy means that they have a smaller carbon footprint than most other heaters. They also use electricity, which is a renewable energy source, with low impact on the environment.