- Free delivery, no minimum order
- 60 day cooling off period
- Fresh ingredients: hydroponic system for year-round fresh herbs and vegetables in the kitchen
- Hydroponics: plants are rooted directly in the 7-litre water tank with integrated circulation pump
- Without soil: more abundant, optimal plant growth through direct cultivation in nutrient solution
- Smart control system: 24-watt LED growth light with automatic switch on and off
- Home gardening: efficient rearing to harvest maturity of up to 12 seedlings in 25 to 40 days
- Variety throughout the year: suitable for growing herbs, vegetables or houseplants
- Decorative & sustainable: robust frame made of real bamboo
The green oasis for the home: the Blumfeldt Urban Bamboo hydroponic planting system not only grows and nourishes fresh herbs and crunchy vegetables for the kitchen, but also brings houseplants to lush greenery throughout the year in record time in its decorative bamboo dress.
Home gardening is in vogue, because nothing tastes better than home-grown vegetables or herbs - especially if you know that neither plant protection products nor genetically modified seeds were used. The Blumfeldt Urban Bamboo hydroponic system can do even more. In addition to growing fresh ingredients for the kitchen, it is also a wonderful, green visual highlight in the living room or conservatory - and thanks to the integrated 24-watt LED growth light can be freely placed anywhere. Turn your apartment's dark corners into a green oasis: the Blumfeldt Urban Bamboo hydroponic system makes it possible. With hydroponic planting, the plants need no soil, their roots grow directly in the 7-litre water bath with the nutrient solution. As a result, the green oasis attracts no insects or microorganisms that otherwise frolic in the soil of flowerpots, while the plants grow faster and significantly more abundantly than in soil in which they first have to dissolve minerals and transport them to their roots The Urban Bamboo hydro garden has an integrated pump that circulates the nutrients and constantly enriches the water with fresh oxygen - so the plants are well supplied. In addition, the water circulation prevents algae from settling in the water.
A smart control system takes over the complete control of pump and light, ensuring optimal growth cycles from the moment the device is switched on. All you have to do is add nutrient solution on a regular basis. Depending on the plant, you will be able to harvest your first crop within 25 to 40 days or have a luscious greening oasis in a decorative bamboo setting.
With the Blumfeldt Urban Bamboo hydroponic system, plants are perfectly staged and the kitchen is supplied with home-grown ingredients!
Properties & dimensions
- Replacement plant baskets and sponges available under article number 10033200
- Growth lighting: 24 watts to 150 LEDs
- Automatic lighting control: 14 hours of lighting alternating with 10 hours of non-lighting
- Automatic pump control: 15 minutes pump operation alternating with 15 minutes non-operation
- Water tank capacity: 7 litres
- Water pump: IPX8 / 170 l / h
- Practical pouring hole for refilling nutrient solution
- Acoustic alarm if the nutrient solution level is too low
- Optimum growth at 20 to 28 ° C
- Easily acquire seeds and nutrient solution in the local garden or hardware store
- Power supply: DC12V / 1.5 A via power supply 220-240 V ~ | 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions: approx. 38 x 43.5 x 38 cm (WxHxD)
- Dimensions water tank: approx. 35 x 8 x 30 cm (WxHxD)
- Dimensions planting basket: approx. 4.3 x 5.5 cm (ØxH)
- Power cable: approx. 1.50 m in length
- Weight: approx. 4.8 kg
Delivery & shipment
- 1 x frame made of bamboo with built-in growth light
- 1 x water tank
- 1 x power cable
- 12 x plant baskets
- 12 x plant sponges
- English-language operating instructions (other languages: German)
Ready for shipping | Delivery time: 7 - 10 workdays
Your order is delivered by parcel to your chosen address. This address does not have to correspond with your billing address. This means you can have your product delivered to family, friends or the office if you are not at home in the daytime. Your order is delivered by our specialist courier spedition to your chosen address. This address does not have to correspond with your billing address. Leave a telephone number with your order to guarantee the best possible delivery of the product. Delivery takes place free to kerbside. This article can be pre-ordered. Please note that the delivery time can take up to five days from the specified date.
To begin with the positive points, this looks and feels like a quality product. It is study, the wood is reasonably good quality, and it looks like a much nicer object to have in your home than the Ikea hydroponics equipments.
The problem I have found is that the timer is not calibrated properly to a 24-hour cycle. It gains about 15 minutes every 24 hours, so within a couple of weeks it will be significantly out of sync with daylight hours. If you have it near your bedroom that could disturb your sleep as the light comes on increasingly early in the morning, and I guess that being out of sync with daylight will disrupt the growth of the plants.
Unfortunately the way that Blumfeldt dealt with my enquiry about the faulty timer was extremely frustrating. Their first two e-mails to me were completely unhelpful (the first told me to check the manual - which says nothing about calibrating the timer - and the second told me to try searching online for more information), before telling me to return the item to them for replacement. Unfortunately they would not let me return only the top plate that houses the electronics, so I had to remove the seedlings that I had already started growing, dry all the equipment and package it up to return to them. It them took the company 6 weeks to get a replacement to me (after twice sending deliveries with some items missing) - and I have just set this up to find that the timer on the new kit has exactly the same problem as the first. I am flabergasted that they would bother to go through this whole process without actually checking that the replacement item was working properly. I guess that this is a general problem with the timers in all these units.
All that said, I am still going to keep this equipment - partly because I don't want to go through the whole process of disassembling, packaging and returning it again, but partly because I'm happy with it apart from the timer problem. To resolve this I will buy a cheap mains timer and will set it to switch on and off every morning, so resetting the timer in the device. I just wish the Blumfeldt people had admitted the problem and told me to do this 6 weeks ago. I would have had a harvest of herbs by now and would have avoided a lot of frustration and time-wasting.